Saturday, July 26, 2008

Whats the Scene!

J was in my childbirth class. When I saw her smile the first time I thought that she packed a big punch in a small packet. For her labour started and stopped at its own pace building gently. When I saw her the morning of birth she was all set for the hard work. She wanted to try water to see if it would help her. We had talked of labour, and possibilities and I think she had an open mind. She was in and out of the tub many times, she ate and drank, walked and moved. At one point she put her hand really low on her belly and I asked her jokingly what she was doing.
"मैं देख रही हूँ की scene क्या है !?!"
Her sense of humour was her strength. The labour stayed strong ... however for may reason which is her story to tell, she was looking at a C sec after 18 hours of labour. We gave them a little privacy to talk about it. Her mom was there for support as well. I knew there was a sense of disappointment and helplessness but what was so amazing about this little mom was her response. She said that she had experienced labour and now it looked the baby was saying its time to be born.
Despite the hard work put in, and the disappointment J was going to give birth to her baby. I was wonderful the moment of her baby's birth was still joyful for her. As I stood beside the couple, I could see them connect as many new parents do when they hear their bay cry for the first time.
As I took the baby to her right after they brought her to the room... the baby latched on. Maybe that what made the birth more real to her.

This birth, her sense of humour and positivity are driving force for me to to keep going on my path। Also this experience would not be complete without acknowledging the fact that the father laboured just as much as the mom and was with her bit of the way. The new parents shared their news with friends and family as........."Hi! we have been blessed with a bouncing baby girl last evening, all of 3.4 kg; had a C section after 24 hours of labour in both land and water !"

No comments:

Post a Comment